BEST WISHES to the Class of 2023!
BEST WISHES to the Class of 2023!
MarkeemTaylor, Educapital Scholar
Educapital Foundation awards over $12M in "Earn While You Learn" Scholarships each year to qualified students who are finanically challenged. "Earn While You Learn" is an 100% donor-funded program, designed to provide cash payments to low-income post-secondary students.
In order to Qualify you must meet the following criteria:
1. 18 & over.
2. High school graduate or GED recipient.
3. U.S. citizen, permanent resident, DACA recipient, or employment authorization card.
4. Low income.
5. Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
1. Maintain a “C average or above.
2. Maintain a 70% attendance rate.
3. Meet any addition requirements outlined by the school.*
* Please note: It is the student’s responsibility to know the requirements of the school before enrolling.
1. Students must enroll in an accredited school in order to receive an "Earn While You Learn" Scholarship. Our list of current partner schools can be found on the sholarship award letter. If there is a school that you would like to attend that you do not see on our list, please contact us.
2. All students accepted into our partner schools will automatically receive scholarship awards. The scholarship requirements may vary depending on school and the funds available. Students are allowed one scholarship per program. But are eligible for additional scholarships, by enrolling into approved continuing education programs.
Award notifications will be sent via email within 7 days. Denial notifications will not be sent out.
“Earn “Earn While You Learn“ is a Performance-based scholarship that provides financial support to students, based on academic performance, in the form of cash payments.
Students must meet certain requirements throughout their enrollment in order to receive bi-weekly payments.
Typical requirements include:
- Maintaining a “C average or above.
- Maintaining a 70% attendance rate.
The scholarships aim is to reduce financial burdens on low-income students while providing incentives for good academic progress. Scroll to the ”Apply” button below to apply.
Students are generally paid bi-weekly throughout the program if they maintain a “C” average or better
Importantly, the scholarships are paid directly to students. They may use the money for any pressing need (for example, books, child care, or other financial obligations that might disrupt their studies).
Yes. Scholarship money is paid directly to students in addition to any Pell Grants and loans.
Therefore, students will have more cash to cover their living expenses while in school, and can potentially reduce their dependency on loans.
During the enrollment process, simply decline the cash disbursement option, and the award money will be sent to the school on your behalf.
1. Must be a High school student, HS graduate or GED holder.
2. Must submit a completed scholarship application.
3. Must demonstrate financial need.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
In order to receive the "Earn While You Learn" Scholarship, recipients must:
- Maintain a “C average or above.
- Maintain a 70% attendance rate.
- Meet any addition requirements outlined by the school.
Yes. If you graduate on time, you will be eligible for an additional 3 scholarships. The maximum term for any student is 4 years.
1. Apply for a Scholarship.
2. If selected, you will receive a decision within 7 business days via email.
3. The email will include an ”Awards Letter”, with the scholarship amount and list of partner schools.
4. You select a school, and contact the school to complete the enrollment process.
5. Once enrolled, you will send Educapital a copy of your official Enrollment Agreement.
6. Once we verify your enrollment, you will receive a Welcome Email, which will include; a direct deposit form, payment schedule, performance requirements, etc.
7. Beginning your first day of class, you will receive payments according to your deposit schedule.
Educapital partners with in-demand accredited schools, that provide high outcomes, high placement rates, and high value programs.
All students accepted into our partner schools are automatically eligible for scholarship.
First time Scholarships range from $1,000 - $8,500
depending on the school you choose. School choices in your area will accompany your scholarship letter.
No. This award is a grant, not a loan. You do not need to repay the scholarship amount.
First payment dates vary depending on the school. Example: First day of school, or, first two weeks of enrollment.
No. There is no cost to apply.
- Basic questionnaire
- A Short essay
- 3 personal references
Scholarships are awarded primarily based on financial need, personal references, and a strong desire to achieve goals through education.
No. We do not require personal information during the application process.
If the school reports failure to meet academic requirements, you will not receive payment for that week.
Please work with your school representative to resolve any issues, we fully rely on our partner schools to track and approve student performance.
If you withdraw from school, your scholarship will be canceled effective immediately.
If for any reason, the partner school does not honor your scholarship, please contact us immediately.
Please contact Michelle Miller, Director of Student Support. She can be reached via email email@example.com, phone/text (216) 245-2232.
Once you graduate, you will become an Educapital Scholar, and become eligible for additional scholarships.
Scholarship money can be used to cover basic living expense, including transportation, rent, childcare, etc.
We communicate with our partner schools on a bi-weekly basis to get updates on your progress.
As a general rule, funds are distributed bi-weekly during enrollment.
Educapital maintains record of each student’s account balance and makes this information available upon request.
You will receive an email notification within 7 days regarding the decision of the scholarship application. Unfortunately, denial letters will not be sent.
There are no scholarship deadlines. Decisions are made on rolling basis, subject to funding availability.
Educapital awards scholarships for new students entering Community College or Accredited Trade School programs.
Educapital awards scholarships to current students who have not received a first time scholarship.
Educapital awards scholarships to previous scholarship winners enrolling in Continuing Education, Advanced Programs, and undergraduate degree programs.
Educapital awards scholarships to graduates interested in starting their own business.
Educapital Foundation, INC. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (EIN is 88-0914133). Your donation to Educapital Foundation is tax deductible as a charitable contribution to the fullest extent allowed by law.